Sole Proprietor / Orsini Bowers Media — January 2013 – present.
- Full time contractor at ReadWrite.
- WordPress instructor at General Assembly.
- Sometimes writer at The Women’s Book, PBS MediaShift, The Daily Dot, Anime News Network, and others.
- Assistant editor for a special cosplay edition of Otaku USA Magazine.
- Author of Cosplay: The Fantasy World Of Role Play and co-author of Raspberry Pi and AVR Projects.
Reporter and Graphics Specialist/ The Daily Dot — August 2011 – December 2012.
- Researched and reported more than 500 stories focused on community and cultural topics. Portfolio here.
- Edited and controlled quality for stories published during my editing shifts.
- Designed and maintained a visual advertisement campaign inspired by Internet memes.
- Researched and designed visual journalism infographics using Illustrator.
Adjunct Faculty Member/ American University — August 2011 – December 2011.
- Instructed an undergraduate course in HTML, CSS and J-Query twice a week.
Interactive Designer/ Pew Center on the States — December 2010 – July 2011.
- Provided CMS support for both pewcenteronthestates.org and stateline.org.
Visual Journalist / Investigative Reporting Workshop — September 2009 – November 2010.
- Created infographics on complex subjects in a fast-paced work environment.
- Designed and built infographics on X-rays; media and broadband companies; lobbying by chemical companies.
- Published on partner websites, including Politics Daily.
American University / August 2009 – August 2010. Washington, D.C.
- Graduated with M.A. in Journalism and Public Policy.
- Maintained 3.70 GPA.
- Worked as a TA for Professor Lynne Perri.
- While in school, completed two internships at the Newseum and Kotaku (Gawker Media).
University of Mary Washington / August 2005 – May 2009. Fredericksburg, VA.
- Graduated summa cum laude with B.A. in English with honors, focus in Creative Writing.
- Maintained 3.80 GPA.
- Worked all four years at the UMW Speaking Center as a public speaking coach.
- Interned at the Fredericksburg Free Lance-Star.
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite CS5, including PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver and Premiere Pro.
- Familiar with many Web content management systems with specialties in WordPress and Drupal.
- Current student of the Japanese language, enrolled in Japanese 104.